Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Adventures

Trevor and I spent Thanksgiving with his family in Colorado. If any of you haven't gathered that Trevor is a farmer, I'll provide a list of the activities. First, we went horse back riding. Trevor has two horses, Reba and Mac. Reba used to be really ornery and no one could ride her but Trevor. Now she is too old to be fussy, and I think she sensed that Trevor loves me, she was nice and I was able to ride her, while Trevor rode the feisty, Pepi.



Trevor's sister's horse Diamond, had a colt a few months ago, we believe the father is Mac, so I guess that makes me a grandma? When we were done riding the horses, Trevor helped his dad halter break the colt. Trevor is REALLY good with horses, what normally would take a day or more, Trevor had done in 20 minutes. It was really neat to see.The next day we went to Trevor's uncle's house to brand the new calves. I didn't get any good pictures of that, just a few of cow back sides which I'll spare you all. The one biggest thing about branding was STINKY!!! Burnt hair always smells bad, but add the aroma of cow, with just a touch of smoldering flesh. I think you get the picture.

4 comments:

Spencer P. said...

Now that is funny!!! HAHAHAHA

Spencer

Kimberly said...

Oh
ash you are turning into a farm wife. I'm slightly jealous. Of couse I would also be sneezing so... Come home we miss you!

Tyler and Emily said...

How fun! Tyler and I love horses and want to have some of our own someday. He worked 2 summers at a horse ranch in Wyoming. So our husbands would get along just great. I miss you Ashlee! I was reading your blog and somedays I can't believe that I am married too. I love it. We totally need to have a roommate reunion. That would be fun. I miss BYU-Idaho...those were fun days.

Lisa said...

You should start reading the Pioneer Woman blog. It sounds like you're one step away from her life!

After you and Trevor left our house, Lily sighed and said, "I'm going to miss them."