Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

There's a rumbly in my tummy

And its not because I'm hungry!



Its a boy and he'll be making his appearance on June 8th!

Our boy will be the 12th grandson on the Patterson side, we are thrilled to have tons of cousins for our little guy to play with, including the 4 wonderful girls bringing the grand total to 16! He'll be the first grandchild on Trevor's side of the family and they are excited. Trevor's sister Randi is expecting her first baby just a couple of months after our boy is born, which we are looking forward too. We are so happy to have two little ones so close in age.

The first trimester was pretty easy. I never felt very sick, mostly tired (thus the blog lack) but other than that I've felt great. Second trimester has been great too, I've probably struggled more with crazy emotions (pointless weeping and wicked mood swings) and tiredness again. All of which is a million times worse for Trevor. but he is the best, ever. He's always there when I need a hug and so reassuring when my doubts arise. And so patient when I'm unreasonable. Dad's should win a special award for putting up with moms while they are pregnant. I couldn't ask for a better companion. I'm excited to have his baby and be a family.

The first time I felt him move was during the NCAA National Championship between Alabama and Texas on January 7th. I'm almost 23 weeks, growing more each day and feeling every little squirm. He's getting stronger and kicks me hard enough that its sometimes a tad uncomfortable.

Trevor and I have talked about some names, we have a few we like, but I'm wary to share. It seems everyone has an opinion, and honestly, I don't need to hear all the different ones. Trevor and I will decided for sure once we see his little face and announce it after he's born!

12 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

Hurray for babies! Now that I have one I am absolutely thrilled when someone else will be having one, too. And I don't know about little girls, but little boys are great! Congrats!

SJ said...

Congratulations Ashlee!

Aubrey said...

Yay! That's so exciting. Seriously everyone I know is having boy babies. They will have so many little friends.

Amy said...

Hooray! I'm so glad to know everything is going well with you and your cute baby boy!You will be such a great mom!

Congratulations!

Tyler and Emily said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you.

Nelly said...

Ashlee! I'm so excited for you. That's GREAT news. Your little guy will be just a couple months younger than my baby girl (I'm thinking about marriage prospects, already! ;) CONGRATS.

*LaUrA* said...

yipppeeee!! that is funny you announced this because you were brought up in a conversation the other day because I had a dream you announced you were pregnant...and I thought it was real...so I asked Julie if she had heard and she hadn't...but it is true! haha...funny that I dreamed that huh. We are so excited for you and your little boy!! Can't wait to see pics of him!!!

Blake and Lacy said...

Wahoo! We're excited for you guys!

Jenete said...

Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun:)

The King Family said...

Congratulations guys! Your family has got to be so excited to have two little grand babies so close together. We're so happy for you guys! Boys are so fun to raise!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He will be such a cutie! I am excited for you and your lil fam.

John and Anna said...

He he! Soooo excited for you! Can't wait to meet little baby Thomas! You're gonna be the best momma ever!