Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

nearly 8 months


I cannot believe that Collin is coming up on 8 months old. Where did all the time go. I swear I had more of it!

Well we are settled here in Liberty Lake Washington. It is very beautiful here and I am dying for summer to come around so I can enjoy the beauty surrounding us. We're living in a two bedroom apartment for now, about half the size of our home in Benson (I really miss Benson by the way) It was a little tricky to get all the stuff put away into the right places but I think we've done it. We plan to stay here long enough to save some money, and make sure the new job works out, then we'll find another home when we know more what we'll be doing with our lives.
Just hanging out with Dad, probably watching football

Collin is growing like a weed. He's already outgrown most of the clothes he was given at Christmas and prefers to wear 18 mo. sizes. He cut his top two teeth, (not as easy as the bottom two) got his first serious cold and is oh so close to crawling. He sits up all by himself, successfully finger feeds himself 1 out of 5 tries and rolls around the house like a mad man. He's sleeping better than ever(which is REALLY well since he's always slept well) and we gave him his first hair cut!
Before
and after
not any award winning hair cut, but I thought it was pretty decent for a 7 month old wiggly boy. I think this picture is my all time favorite. I was trying to take a picture of the new do for the grandparents and I said "Collin Smile!" and this is the look I got! I laughed so hard.
I am really starting to enjoy just being home. I wasn't expecting it to be such an adjustment. I was so burnt out from my last job I feel as if I've been recovering from something this last month. It takes a while to shed off that much stress.

8 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

He is so cute! And Benson misses you guys too....but at the same time we're glad that things are going well :o)

Jenete said...

So cute I love his little smile and that vest and tie!

Unknown said...

Ash, I have some more clothes for you when you come home. I thought it was a little early for them, but now I don't think so.

beck said...

He is so cute! What a chunker. I loved his Ashlee smile too. I miss you. Come back some day.

John and Anna said...

Oh I miss cute little... I mean... BIG Colin! :) And of course I miss you too! :) I'd send some clothes your way but Cache hasn't worn them yet. :) Maybe I'm going to need your hand me downs. LOL!

Juli said...

He has your eyes, Ash. I miss you. He's so cute. I wish I could come visit.

*LaUrA* said...

He is a spitting image of you!! So freaking cute! I want to squeeze him!

Lisa said...

And you were worried that he wasn't rolling! Collin really does look so much like you. Super handsome!