Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rain Rain go away

" I thought we lived in Logan, UT, not Seattle WA" a common phrase around here these days!

Its rained nearly everyday for about 2.5 weeks. Everything is drowning, my garden, the farmers hay, and some of the corn. Mentally I feel like its mid February and my skin and mind are desperate for some sunlight! Yesterday was actually decent weather, I along with hoards of neighbors spent a good deal of time walking up and down the street to soak as much fair weather as possible. There are a few positives about the crummy weather. 1. I don't have to go work in the yard, 2. Trevor doesn't have to work in the yard 3. non-guilt about the exorbitant amount of time I spend reading, 4 watching movies snuggled with the honey in a cool living room.

Trevor finally got to meet my dad's extended family last weekend at the good old George Edward Patterson Reunion. Although 10 of my dad's 11 siblings were there, we were missing at least 60 cousins, their spouses and their children. But I suppose when your spread from California to Kingston Ontario Canada, it gets difficult to get everyone together at the same time.

Trevor started his summer academics and is handleing having to sit still for several hours at time well and I'm just working away. All-in-all, all is well. (you try use all that many times in one sentance!)

3 comments:

Valerie and Garrett said...

You should move to St. George. It never rains here (sometimes it sprinkles just enough to get your car dirty! ugh) Sometimes I wish it would just down pour!!! Sun is good though...I'm with ya that I very much love the sun! :)

Emily said...

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plains."

It rains so much here that I don't have to scoop the poop.

I wish I could do "non-yardwork" with you.

miss you.

John and Anna said...

Seriously, It's the same down here in Ogden! I miss you guys though. We'll be home soon to play!