Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 17, 2011

Settled

Actually, I don't feel very settled at all.  I guess this place just doesn't feel like home yet.  Don't mistake my tone, I do like it here.  Its a fun little town.  The land scape is far different from anything I've seen, yet alone lived in and I'm finding it surprisingly hard to adjust to.  But I'm sure I will.

Agri-Service is getting ready to build a new store here in Roosevelt and bought some property that had a home on it.  So for now that's where we're staying so Trevor can oversee the building process.  Hopefully soon we'll find our own place, but we're grateful to have this wonderful place to stay now.  I finally found the cameras but the batteries are dead, so once they're charged will do a photo tour or something.

We spend a lot of our free time exploring the surrounding area.  The scenery changes quickly, go north for 30 min and it turns into a beautiful forrest area, with lots of wildlife and fishing and camping areas, go east 30 min and you run into some high country desert with loads of prairie dogs.  To the west green mountain landscapes, although that may be a little farther.  Its kind of fun having so many different places to visit in just a short drive.

We're probably going to try to go camping this weekend if the weather will hold, if anyone wants to come and join us, please do, we'd love to have some company!

4 comments:

Spencer P. said...

I'll come and join you. Part of me is happy that you live in a weird place. Weirdness loves company.

Annalee said...

Ashlee I just did a little run though of your cute blog I never knew you had. I can not believe Collin is so big. I wish Blake and I could go camping with you this weekend with you guys. That sounds perfect.

love ya tell Trevor I say Hi and give Collin a BIG kiss for me.

Juli said...

I can't wait to see Roosevelt. It sounds like somewhere I would like.

Kendra Child said...

Wish we could have gone camping together that weekend. I would love to come see your hunting lodge house.