Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home.


I finally have some pictures! I really am sorry it took so long, but I wanted to finish the drapes first. The living room was cold and boring without them. So here go the pictures.
I took this in November when we were looking, I'll get some winter ones on Saturday when I'm home during daylight!

I have a few before picutres, mostly empty rooms, but you'll get the idea.
The living room before *note the previously blogged "leopard skin carpet" and the gold pole lamp

The angle is a little different, but I think you can see the huge difference. Every time I walk in my door, I think "Oh I have such a cute house!"

Now the bed room...before


and after
I know, its not that different, the bed room needs some help. I think my furniture and the bed make a difference enough............ for now at least. Here is another shot from the door.


And now I have to show you my favorite thing in the kitchen! Its hard to get from the picture, so I'll explain. It is my spice cupboard, inside a cabinet door. I first discovered it when I tried to open the cabinet and opened the spice cupboard instead. The other knob opens the cabinet. Cool eh?

12 comments:

Kierst said...

Cute house! That's so exciting. And I love your spice cupboard! I want one!

julie said...

Very cute! I love your curtains.

The Stanford Bunch said...

yay - your first home! congrats! you beat me! it's really cute!!!

Kimberly said...

Okay that first picture totally DOES OT do justice to the horribleness of your leopard carpet. Oh seriously! Your house looks really cute! I think I have an extra bed skirt I should send over...

Kimberly said...

I should mention that I'm pretty sure I stole the bedskirt from mom... And we need a close up of the refinished table.

Lisa said...

Oooo - I need a hidden spice cabinet now! I can't stop think of it! Hey, guess what? It's our last week at KOTM. Sad huh? But not nearly as sad as you moving away.

p.s. Very cute house

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

Congrats! What a cute house! I love the spice cupboard...it's like a secret compartment, which is just way cool!

Suspension Bridges said...

Your front room does look good. I like how you match the pillow colors and your curtains.

PreHealth said...

Very cute, Love your colors in the living room! Hope your enjoying Logan/Smithfield winters, having a cute place to come home to at night probably makes the winter go quickly.

Jenete said...

sorry about the pre-health thing that was actually from me...I just was on my lunch break and didn't realize I was still logged into g-mail

Emily said...

Oh, you were right! You have such a cute house! I'm coming over!

beck said...

Very cute, Ash.