Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Local Pests

Some homes are plagued with spiders, some with cochoroaches. My grandparents house often had balls of garder snakes ( say balls because they all coil together in a big tangle of the balls) But here is our biggest pest. Please excuse the poor quality of the video, I was looking with my eyes and not through the screen, so it get s a little off center sometimes. Sorry.

You can see a little of the landscape across the way, its just acres of river bottoms, its really beautiful when the snow is freshly flocking the trees. Thats about the only time I like all the snow we get here!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Cool! This reminds me of Dave's grandparents house. They have tons of turkeys that come down to their property every day for food. If you've got to have pests, turkeys are good ones. :)

I saw your sisters Becky and Kim at a concert last week.

julie said...

Oh my gigantic! At least they aren't in your basement..our plague is bees. Sick. They don't even converse with me like your turkeys.

The Stanford Bunch said...

hahaha no way!! that is awesome!!! it was also cool to hear your voice! :)

Kendra said...

How cool to see turkeys in your front yard. Dad would love it. Your house is cute, Ash.

Emily said...

I'm pretty sure my kids would be terrified. Did you ever feel geese when you were little? Scary!

John and Anna said...

Ha Ha! That's what you get for living in the country! :) Funny that we would have probably bought that house if you hadn't! :)

Spencer P. said...

That rocks. You should gobble at them and then shoot them and then eat them!

Somerset said...

Mmm...Turkey dinner! Beware, if you hit them with your car, they do major damage. Learned that the hard way in North Carolina.