Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 20, 2009

Do you talk in your sleep?

That is a question that is hard to know the answer to. After all, you only know if you talk in your sleep when someone has said you do, and then you have to question the honesty of the person telling you.

Trevor talks in his sleep. Only his sleep talking usually involves more than talking. If you don't believe me ask any one of his six other family members, they'll back me up on this. Some nights he just mumbles or gets out a few words, this I barely wake for anymore. At times he'll moan and kind of growl at something (a light back rub and a soothing sh sh sh, keeps that from exploding in to anything) but often times he'll sit up in bed or even get out of bed acting out some crazy dream.

For example:
On our honeymoon, Trevor sits on the side of the bed and sighs, I ask "Whats are you doing?"
T-"I have to go to work."
A-"No you don't"
T-"Uh, I think so"
A-"But babe, we're in Colorado"
T-"But they came and told me I need to"
Long Pause
T-"Well maybe not"
To which he laid back down and quickly fell back asleep

Or there was the time he jumped out of bed, and flipped on the light insisting we needed to get up...at 1 am.

But I think last night is my favorite.

It was probably around 4 am. I'm peacefully sleeping, and I hear "Oh Piss" and Trevor darts up to his knees.
Now you think after 6 months of this I'd get the idea by now that Trevor is asleep, but nope, I respond in a slight panic "What? What's the matter?"
To which Trevor replies, "slide behind me" Then, he stretches his hands into the air like he's reaching for something.
A- I'm confused, and laughing at Trevor reaching up for nothing and I say "What? Why?"
Trevor says, "everything is falling."
I roll my eyes and my body "no its not, its just a dream." A few minutes pass, Trevor is leaning forward and he says "Um...your on my foot" (somehow his foot ended up under my knee) I move my legs so he can lay back down. A few more minutes pass, Trevor hasn't stopped moving, so I ask him,"Are you ok?"
"I just can't believe that was all a dream"

Morning comes, he remembers...nothing, except that I was on his foot.

6 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

ahahahaha....sleeptalkers/walkers freak me out....my sister did that often growing up and it gave me the heebie jeebies every time! I walked into our shared bedroom one night and she sat up in bed and pointed a gun at me...okay it was just her fingers in the shape of a gun...and then she said "why won't you die?" The she wiggled her thumb around and looked at it oddly...luckily I knew what that meant...she was "wiggly" the joystick of a nintendo game controller...had she not done that I might have thought she really was trying to kill me and never sleep in the same room with her. Still creeps me out. :)

Haha...you are in for some fun nights...at least he protects you from his nightmares!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

oh man, that is stinkin hilarious!

Matt & Ali said...

How funny is that!!! You should start writing these things down. (Which you did by blogging ha ha ha) Good stuff!

Jessica and Matt said...

Those stories are hysterical. My hubby would have many to share in the same vein. I have done lots of similar things in my sleep, like call 911, introduce my husband to strangers, and make my husband find the telephone so the robbers won't come in the house after it.

Emily said...

I think sleep talking is hilarious! I wish Spencer did more of this! But when he does, it is so good! Keep the stories coming!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Sometime you should act it out his dream with him, just for fun.